The Synod Council is the executive committee of the Synod of the Diocese of Niagara carries out financial, administrative, and legal duties as defined by law and existing canons sets directions, establishes policies, and allocates resources for the work of the Synod:
- carries out policy as set by Synod
- sets policy as required for the operation of the Synod
- responds to requests for policy action and change from parishes, regions, divisions, and other interest groups throughout the Diocese.
- develops subcommittees and task forces as necessary for the operation of the Diocese
- elects a Coordinating Team to ensure that Synod Council policy is quickly and efficiently carried out.
- is accountable and responsible to the Synod of the Diocese of Niagara and the diocesan bishop
How do I get something on the agenda?
Contact the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of Synod (905-527-1316, ext.380). The agenda is set by the Coordinating Team approximately ten days prior to a Council meeting. It meets between the meetings of Synod Council, at the call of the chair, to plan agendas for Council meetings (dates below)