Initial Coadjutor Bishop Candidates Announced
Seven priests let their name stand for upcoming episcopal election
Posted December 10, 2017
The following candidates, having been nominated by synod council, have indicated to the Electoral Synod Nominations and Planning Committee their willingness to stand for election as coadjutor bishop.
- The Venerable Dr. David Anderson, Diocese of Niagara
- The Reverend Canon Susan Bell, Diocese of Toronto
- The Reverend Canon David Burrows, Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Reverend Canon Robert Fead, Diocese of Niagara
- The Reverend Canon Robert Hurkmans, Diocese of Niagara
- The Reverend Canon Stuart Pike, Diocese of Niagara
- The Reverend Canon Martha Tatarnic, Diocese of Niagara
Further nominations may also be made in writing by any ten members of synod, with the consent of the nominee, and provided to the chair of the Electoral Synod Nominations and Planning Committee prior to or during the electoral synod.
A special electoral synod will convene on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at Christ’s Church Cathedral in Hamilton. After a short transition period following the election, the coadjutor bishop will assume the responsibilities of diocesan bishop on June 1.