Missional Leadership Course Registration Now Open for Fall 2022!
Seven courses lined up for Fall 2022 Term
Posted July 20, 2022
The Niagara School for Missional Leadership (NSML) is looking forward to the fall! Registration is now open for courses beginning in September and October. Laypeople, clergy, and groups from parishes across Niagara (and beyond!) who are excited about joining in God’s mission in the world are encouraged to register.
NSML is not a school that only exists for people in “traditional” leadership roles. "If you are interested in serving as Christ’s hands and feet in the world, you are a missional leader," says Bishop Susan Bell. Although everyone is called to serve, and some are called to lead, the school recognizes that not everyone is called to formal seminary education.
Courses cover a range of subjects that speak to opportunities and challenges faced in our parishes and communities. Courses are led by experienced, effective missional practitioners who aim to inspire and equip participants to missionally lead vibrant communities of faith.
Whether it is exploring the connected narrative of the Old and New Testaments, connecting church, culture, and mission to deepen discipleship and transform preaching, or mapping the interconnected relationships unique to rural parish communities, the fall semester has something for everyone, as follows:
- Patrick Paulsen – Christian Foundations 1: From Abraham to Jesus – Mondays, 7p-9p (6 weeks, September 12–October 17)
- Bishop Susan Bell – Missional Preaching – Tuesdays, 10a-12p (7 weeks, October 4–November 15)
- John Bowen – Reimagining Church – Tuesdays, 7p-9p (6 weeks, October 4–November 8)
- Archbishop Colin Johnson – Adaptive Leadership in Anxious Times: Called to Lead When You Don’t Know Where You’re Going – Wednesdays, 10a-12p (8 weeks, September 28–November 16)
- Tim Wray – The Rural Church: Fostering Relationships without Shortcuts – Wednesdays, 7p-9p (6 weeks, October 5–November 9)
- Chris Pullenayegem – Engaging the Community, Revitalizing the Church – Thursdays, 7p-9p (6 weeks, October 13–November 17)
- Cid Latty – How to Start a Caféchurch – Thursdays, 7p-9p (6 weeks, October 6–November 10)
Each course costs $250 and bursaries are available to help where cost might be a barrier. Contact the NSML coordinator or visit the How to Enroll and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more information.