The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund
The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund (PWRDF) is a community ministry which was implemented and supported by the Anglican Church of Canada. PWRDF connects Anglicans in Canada to communities around the world in dynamic partnerships to advance development, to respond to emergencies, to assist refugees and to act for positive change.
Kerry Lubrick was appointed to a three-year term as Niagara’s diocesan representative for PWRDF on April 17, 2020 by Bishop Susan Bell. The diocesan PWRDF representative is responsible for working with the parish appointed PWRDF representatives and the parishes in the Diocese of Niagara to assist in:
- keeping PWRDF in the hearts and minds of Anglicans in the Diocese of Niagara with regular updates and education on projects and initiatives of PWRDF;
- recruiting and training PWRDF volunteers;
- maintaining listing of parish representatives;
- leading communication by sharing information on PWRDF and the stories of the positive outcomes, hosting quarterly meetings with PWRDF Parish Representatives, promoting ways to support PWRDF, and collecting information on how parishes support PWRDF; and
- strategic planning by assisting in organizing events to educate parishioners on PWRDF and to increase financial support.