Outstanding Leadership for Ministry
As passionate followers of Jesus we trust that his vocation – "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor..., to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free..." [Luke 4: 16-21] – is one in which we all share. The call to live out God's mission in the world is not just for some, but for all. God's call is to all.
The Hebrew Scriptures declare that Moses did not jealously hoard the privileges of ministry leadership. "Would that all God's people were prophets. Would that God would put his Spirit on all of them." [Numbers 11: 29] God's equipping for ministry is also intended for all.
In order to realize that promise, lay and clergy leaders in the Diocese of Niagara are setting out to work in partnership. These are the goals of our partnership:
- That each of our parishes will grow, more and more, as communities which serve God's mission in the world; and
- That every one whom God calls will be truly invited into and nurtured for the fulfilling adventures of being a disciple of Jesus.
Pursuing those goals we are:
- Fostering and resourcing a culture of continuous learning for (lay and clergy) ministry;
- Being led into covenanted partnerships between bishop, clergy and lay leaders; and
- Striving for loving, "right" relationships, supporting our learning and serving as disciples.