Date: January 12, 2023 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
This course is intended as a gathering point for leaders serving in small, rural or remote settings. Each context is unique, but small places have some attributes that merit celebration. Often small communities are more obviously interwoven. Relationships that span across economic, recreational, and neighbourhood lines can be easily identified. These interconnections give us reason to pause and ask, “Is God doing something here?”
The work that we will undertake in this course will not require a fancy budget, staffing, or even a building. We will rely on the classic ingredients of people, resurrection power, and God’s mission. Guidance will come from the deep well of Scripture, the sacraments, and the oversight of the church. What will unfold from this core is totally up for grabs. It could be infinitely more than you can ask or imagine. God willing, we’ll all be changed!
What You’ll Learn
This course will help you to:
- Practice the basics of Christian discernment among other willing believers
- Name and honour the power of small, rural, and remote faith communities
- Map the rich interconnections that comprise our public roles
- Test the Spirit’s movement beyond the walls of the building
- Reflect on your own calling in the moment and place that you find yourself
- Invite others to join you in the missional journey
Sign up for The Rural Church from the Niagara School for Missional Leadership today!