Food Security Discussion Series
Start Date: March 2, 2021 - 7:00pm
End Date: April 20, 2021 - 8:00pm
Anglicans in Action, the Greater St. Catharines Social Justice Network, invite you to join in a Food Security discussion series on Tuesday evenings from 7:00-8:00pm, March 2 through to April 20, 2021 held through Zoom. This will be a thought-provoking, engaging series to help participants understand what Food Security is, how serious an issue it is in our communities, some contributing factors, and how people who care can make a difference.
Each ‘stand alone’ evening will begin with a 20-minute presentation by someone with a passion and knowledge about the week’s issue, followed by a 30-minute facilitated discussion. Register for some sessions or all eight evenings.
The series dates, topics, and speakers are:
- March 2 - Introduction: What is Food Security - speaker: Cathie Crawford Browning, Member, Anglicans in Action
- March 9 - Income Security - speaker: Deirdre Pike, Program Consultant, Justice & Outreach, Diocese of Niagara
- March 16 - Food Literacy - speaker: Pam Farrell, Executive Director, GROW community Food Literacy Center, Niagara Falls
- March 23 - Nutrition - speaker: Karen Burson, Seniors Food Security Coordinator, St. Matthew's House, Hamilton
- March 30 - Food Production and Distribution - speaker: TBA
- April 6 - Food Waste - speaker: Dorothy Brown, Church of the Transfiguration, St. Catharines
- April 13 - Water - speaker: TBA
- April 20 - Ways we can Make a Difference - speaker: Deirdre Pike, Program Consultant, Justice & Outreach, Diocese of Niagara
To register for any of the above dates email email@example.com.