- is the executive committee of the Synod of the Diocese of Niagara
- carries out financial, administrative, and legal duties as defined by law and existing canons
- sets directions, establishes policies, and allocates resources for the work of the Synod:
- carries out policy as set by Synod
- sets policy as required for the operation of the Synod
- responds to requests for policy action and change from parishes, regions, divisions, and other interest groups throughout the Diocese.
- develops subcommittees and task forces as necessary for the operation of the Diocese
- elects a Coordinating Team to ensure that Synod Council policy is quickly and efficiently carried out.
- is accountable and responsible to the Synod of the Diocese of Niagara and the diocesan bishop
How do I get something on the agenda?
Contact the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of Synod (905-527-1316, ext.380). The agenda is set by the Coordinating Team approximately ten days prior to a Council meeting. It meets between the meetings of Synod Council, at the call of the chair, to plan agendas for Council meetings (dates below)
Synod Council 2018 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday February 20
- Tuesday April 3
- Tuesday May 8
- Tuesday June 12
- Tuesday July 10
- Tuesday September 11
- Tuesday October 2
- Tuesday December 11
- ELECTORAL SYNOD - March 3
- Diocesan Synod - November 3